- Documenting Notebook using Markdown
- Jupyter Notebook is an open-source web application that allows you to create and share documents that contain live code, equations, visualizations and narrative text.
- It is used for data cleaning and transformation, numerical simulation, statistical modeling, data visualization, machine learning, and much more.
Use the number sign (#) followed by a blank space for notebook titles and section headings:
for major headings¶
for 4th level subheadings¶
Use the following code to emphasize text: 1. Bold text: string or string 2. Italic text: string or string
- Surround mathematical symbols with a dollar sign ($), for example: $ mathematical symbols $
Sometimes markdown doesn’t make line breaks when you want them. To force a linebreak, use the following code:
- To create a circular bullet point, use one of the following methods. Each bullet point must be on its own line.
- A hyphen (-) followed by one or two spaces, for example: - Bulleted item
- A space, a hyphen (-) and a space, for example: - Bulleted item
- An asterisk (*) followed by one or two spaces, for example: * Bulleted item
- To create a sub bullet, press Tab before entering the bullet point using one of the methods described above. For example:
- Main bullet point - Sub bullet point
- To link to a section within your notebook, use the following code: Section title